How To Make: A Unique Photo Frame

hi, guys! during this holiday, I'm gonna show you another Do-It-Yourself thing, and it's actually my 2nd DIY. yeay. so basically, I have this lots of photos and pictures I got when I took a pic on Photo Box, and they look like, almost like a Polaroid photo paper. basically, I used to just patch them on the glass on cupboard, but since they're 'growing' and if I keep patching them on the glass it will look like a total mess crowd. so then, I saw this frame in a Mall, but it's waaaay too expensive, and I'm thinking why not to make one? just using cardboards and clothes pins or cute pins for decorations you can get in any craft or gift stores. and I make the structure really looks like the expensive one, and it amazingly keeps your money.

and probably you guys just prefer to make the old school photo frame like this square frame with recycle transparant plastic to replace the glass. it's okay cause it's cool too! but I'm thinking to be more creative than that this time. and then it's easy to clean, too! so keep reading this tutorial I hope you guys like it, and please let me know what you think and I'll try finding other easy DIYs for the upcoming holiday or soon. let's continue to see How To Make A Unique Photo Frame.



first thangs first, you're gonna need some tools and things to make this Frame. but don't worry it's gonna be very cheap and won't cost you more than IDR 100K, or maybe US$ 10 though.

things needed:

some recycle-able things like: cardboard, newspaper, magazines paper
tools: scissors, cutter, ruler (the long one), thumb tacks, cotton cord, small clothes pins or cute decoration pins, white glue, glue stick, pencil
additional: glue gun (careful it's hot!), gift-wrap paper to wrap but you can also use paint to decorate
+ photos about the size 4x6, but you can use any size of photo or even a Polaroid photos are super cute

steps:

1. grab the ruler, and make rectangular shapes and make 2 different sizes of rectangular, the larger one for the height and the smaller one for the width of the frame. at least make the size that fits to display for 3 line and 3 rows photos (3 x 3 photos displayed). after that, cut with scissors the shape following the line.

2. place the cut rectangular and use it as a guide to trace more shapes. this time make the larger shapes to be 6 pieces and the smaller shapes to be 4 pieces. then cut them out. and I just realize it that using a cutter is much easier than using a scissor. you can also use an x-acto knife if you have at home.

3. check the picture above, for the width I make 4 rectangulars and for the height I make 6 rectangulars cause I'd like to make it thicker on the height.

4. For the frame's width: take 2 rectangulars and begin stacking them. of course you know it; 2 for the right and 2 for the left. while for the frame's height: take 3 rectangulars each for right and another 3 for the left frame.

5. begin stacking them by glueing them together with white glue on both sides so it'll make them stronger on gluing each other and press against them gently until you have a nice stack of cardboards.

6. after you finish stacking them, start wrapping around them with gift paper using glue stick (glue stick is strong enough for paper, but if you wanna use white glue, make sure it's thin coat so that the paper won't get wet) or maybe you can just paint them with acrylic paint and then cut a cardstock to trim the edges and look neat. wrap them all nicely and evenly.

7. after finishing on wrapping them up, you can start gluing them and make the frame structure like above. in this picture I don't really get a nice strong structure from the super glue, so I temporarily paste them with ductape.

8. but if you have a glue gun at home, try using them instead. but careful it's hot! I tried to use them and the hot glue really stick them together quite well, at least stronger than ductape + super glue. just squeeze some of the hot glue out and push against the boards like the pic above for several times until the glue is nearly dry. and after this, I can just remove the tape and go as they are alone.

9. then, grab a thumb tack, and then tie a knot of cotton cord or any rope to the thumb tack and then just press it gently from one side of the frame width, and tie the rope again to another thumb tack and gently press it again to the other side of the frame. make sure the string is tight enough and making a straight line like so. and after that you can put your pins on it.

and your unique frame is ready! put some photos on them and see how your friends amazed by this cheap, easy to make, and unique hand-made frame that probably your friends have from the Mall. so I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial and I hope I could give you another DIY tutorial soon!


Comments

Post a Comment

opinions? suggestions? comment here.

Popular Posts