Student Executive Board: 2nd Year

okay, guys, today I'm gonna share you about another 'part-time-job' in college, yeap, Student Executive Board. it's not that I was addicted to it, but I felt like it's gonna be so empty if I don't have this kind of daily routines about organizations. well, there's event's committees, but I tell you, organization is really different. after a year of organization management, BEM kinda feels like a little family. we don't only talk about jobs, duties, tasks, events we organize, but also lots of things like personals, about college, and everything you can freely talk about it with them, or maybe some of them you feel comfortable to talk to. so, basically, I felt comfortable, but also exhausted at the same time, but it was enjoyable! so I decided to continue this organization to my second year. and here are the stories so far..
this time, I didn't continue my journey with Seni-OR. what is Seni-OR? read the post about it here. I decided to leave, or move, to another place, this time I don't either join a Department, I join a Bureau instead. and there's this new Bureau. if last year it was called AiSI (Administration and Information System), this time it's split as Kestari (Archives) and Media. so then, I choose Media and then I have another interview session. that time, I was interviewed by my friend, Awe, of course you know her, she is as The Head of Media, and Arbi, a senior and Le President of The Board. well, you can't tell that I was nervous that day, because I've known them both well and it was like a regular conversation between us. so, basically I was successfully announced as a... well, not successfully, because I was punk'd at first!!!!

so this, when I decided to leave Seni-OR, my friend from one department Rezon, who is now The Head of Seni-OR, kinda like to tease me around for not leaving Seni-OR, well of course with jokes around. and when it's time to announce the place I would get (the announcement would be informed by text sent by The Head Department/Bureau), I got a message from Rezon first! the text said,
"congratulations! you are accepted as a staff of Seni-OR Department"
omg, guys, I swear to God I would show you the text but it was deleted. I was shocked but also kinda pissed by Rezon, haha, but I knew it it was a prank! and couple minutes later, Awe sent me a text saying that I was accepted as Staff for Media.
and so there it is, I am officially a Staff for Media Bureau of Faculty of Dentistry's Student Executive Board.

Media Bureau
so here are my partners in crime for this one year!

with the proud Yellow Jacket

colorful version


so as you guys all know generally what Media's duties are. most of them are of course a work with PhotoShop. making posters for BEM-based events, maintaining social medias, documentations, publications, and stuffs. some of them are really fun though. and for me the first task is making A Digital Phone Book of all Board's organizer. thank God, my PhotoShop abilities keep developing and it's getting better and better.


and another task is making a website for The Board. actually there was already an old website for it, but then Le President made an innovation to make the website to have a local domain of our university, so the address would be like this: bem.fkg.ui.ac.id how cool was that?!
but lots of obstacles and challenges flew over! from the making real the website until the designing. from the first time I REALLY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND (there I need to emphasize this) of designing web, except blogger. and we have this website with wordpress background. aaaand I just figured out that wordpress need some codes to design. man....... but month after month, at first Le President helped me to design it but after I'm able to do it alone lil by little, I tries to post something first, then design something. but I need lots of learning until now! so here are my works

Home

Postings. some of them posted by me

Media's page

so what do you guys think? I am completely encouraging all of you to join some organizations, whether it's local in your school, faculty, university, national or even international if you are willing to do it! because you will absolutely feel the benefit of it in the next future, whether your soft skills, your relations with others and stuffs. you probably will experience some demotivation, I don't deny it, in the middle of the year, exhausting, want to resign, others, but just try to stay because, you will have people around you backing you up and supporting you.
anyway, don't forget to check out BEM FKG UI's website on bem.fkg.ui.ac.id!

Comments

Popular Posts