Holiday Movie Review pt. 1

hi, guys. I will post review of some movies originally made by my professional opinion. kidding. I'm not professional on criticizing movies, I'm just movies freak like other teenagers. I don't remember how long I've been living in a holiday eras. since I don't really like hanging out outside the house, which I prefer to stay home and doing anything, and these days I'm kinda not in the mood to sketch or paint. so, simply I downloaded movies. since I haven't had a harddisk yet, I believe I can't download movies a lot. so practically, I only have 22 movies in my laptop, and most of them are in format of .mp4 and .avi. but, still they're enjoyable to be watched. I haven't watched all movies I've downloaded. so now I'm gonna make a movie review movies that I've watched so far for my whole life from my downloaded movies in laptop. well not for my whole life, cause they're just not accountable hehe. firstly, I'm only giving my opinions and not going to rate them, I can't rate myself cause everybody's taste for movies aren't always same, so I'm showing IMDb's rate instead. let's begin! warning: this post is not a repost!! and no spoiler detected :)

1. Armageddon (1998) ratings: 6.4/10
the story is about a meteor coming to earth that's believed will destroy earth the worst way, which means it might be the end of the world or usually called as Armageddon. the main actor probably Ben Affleck as A.J. but Bruce Willis as Harry shows more in the movie than him. Plot: the mission is to drill the flying meteor to plant dynamites or some kinds of explosives materials and explode or destroy the meteor inside of it. and it's believed that oil borer are able to do this mission. and some of oil industry's (Harry's) workers are forced to learn how to 'fly' in the space and become express-astronauts. I don't understand either why IMDb shows a bad ratings for such a movie. I think this movie has unpredictable plots and ending. and this movie is one of the best tear jerker movies ever.

2. Barbie: Princess Charm School (2011) ratings: 5.3/10
whoa I guess some people just don't like Barbie hehe. well I'm a big fan of barbie and barbie stuffs and barbie movies since I was a little kid. the story of this movie is okay, but you know, barbie movies always have a happy ending and predictable plot. I like this movie 'cause the plot is about school, and stuffs shown inside are so adorable. Plot: Blair (the barbie) who's randomly picked as a scholarship student by a lottery ticket, to enter the Princess Charm School (the school isn't affordable for commoners).the school graduates Princesses (who are born with royal blood) and Lady Royals (rich commoners that'll become Princess' adviser). so, in this case, Blair will become a Lady Royal. Blair frequently gets bullied by one girl (prospective-ruler-of-Gardania) named Delancy. this movie is recommended for girls and not recommended for others but barbie addicts.

3. Barbie: The Princess and The Popstar (2012) ratings: 4.3/10
first thought after watching this, this is better than barbie's movie above. the stuffs served inside are more fabulous than that. and musical movie gives me more jazzed mood. Plot: both the princess and the popstar don't enjoy their own life. The Princess named Victoria (Tori), always sneaks around and avoids her duty as kingdom ruler and plays around, basically she just wants to have fun. while The Popstar named Keira, is tired of her career and wants to be free for once from her business and wants to be a princess who's served by maids everytime and does nothing exhausting (that's what she thinks). both of them is gifted with magical stuffs, The Princess has a magical brush that will change her hairstyle changes quickly, and The Popstar has a magical microphone that'll change her outfits magically. so, you know, that they will exchange places and do the opposite things each other. the story's shown good and enjoyable for Barbie addicts.

4. Cars 2 (2011) ratings: 6.3/10
the sequel of Cars serves you more twists than the previous one. the plot is enjoyable and as you know Disney often gives us an unpredictable ending and story, but yeah mostly are happy ending. Plot: Lightning McQueen is determined to join a world Grand Prix by one of environmentally friendly oil company named Allinol. but the race just goes rocky and twisty when Mater is mistakenly involved with the works of being an agent with agent McMissille and agent Shiftwell. I really like this movie cause (same as Barbie) stuffs shown in the movie are adorable and fabulous! lots of cars shown with many types and kinds, like Geisha cars, race cars, lemon cars, servant cars and everything includes agents' tools in cars. it's enjoyable to see the cars act like people in the city hehe. what happens with Mater and his pretending-agent things? you'll figure it out yourself.

5. Mary and Max (2009) ratings: 8.1/10
this is one of the Top 250 movies by IMDB. I was searching for best animated movies and most of the websites recommend this one, so I downloaded it. Plot: Mary as 8 yo girl lives in Australia with a non-decent family, well let's just say that her father and mother isn't really okay and kinda lunatic. she's alone and having no friends because of her birthmark on her forehead that looks like a poop. she feels lonely and decides to write a mail to a random-picked-address headed to an obesity-old-lonely-man named Max that lives in New York, America. basically, they exchange information for so long until Mary gets older and finally has a baby. firstly, the movie serves a boring plot and in a boring way. cause mostly it's narrated with a narrator and Mary and Max rarely speak. I frequently looked at the time to see how long remains the movie played. but the last 30 minutes become intents and for seeing the ending, it's so hard to believe that this is based on true story. even though the movie is an animation genre, I suppose kids are accompanied while watching this movie cause some scene just makes my forehead wrinkled haha.

6. The Green Mile (1999) ratings: 8.5/10
this movie's also included in IMDB Top 250 movies. SO WORTH IT to be watched and rated that much! oh my God I can't believe that Stephen King (the novel writer) made an amazing story like that. Plot: Tom Hanks played as Paul Edgecomb is a live guard of death row sentence. The Death Row is seen with an electrical-chair called Old-Sparky. Paul's life is just normal, calm and treat the prisoners well while they wait for their turn to sit on Old Sparky. but that all changes when a giant prisoner' named John Coffey is brought to his Block for accused on child murder and rape. when the man shows up, Paul and other guards in the block see some spiritual moments in front of their head. the plot is just sooooo unpredictable with some comedies inside, and makes me questioning myself instead. and based on the ending, there's no way you can't be sad and feel sorry yourself. this movie is so recommended for drama addict, but for criminal addict is not so recommended since the movie serves more drama and spiritual things instead of criminality.

7. Wreck-It-Ralph (2012) ratings: 7.8/10
another Disney movie that serves funny plot. the adventure is so enjoyable and comedy is just so so. Plot: Ralph is from the game of Fix-It-Felix. Ralph is the bad guy who wrecks the buildings and is the job for Felix to fix what Ralph has wrecked. he's just bored and tired of being the villain for 30 years. he's envy for Felix's achievements and compliments and cheers he has, while Ralph is born as the villain and doesn't get a praise at all. once, he wants to prove himself that he's worth it to be everybody's friend and making himself to have a medallion to be the proof. and the twist started when he meets one girl named Vanellope. she's kinda annoying in the beginning. the animation is super cool (Disney as usual) and gamers might enjoy this movie. recommended for Disney's movies lover.

and the last is...
8. Monsters University (2013) ratings: 7.8/10
I know I know.. I'm not downloading this movie (yet). I watched it in the cinema with my friends. we're college students but it's not a mistake to watch kids' animated movie, no? besides, the movie is about college, right? haha. anyway, I just wanna review this movie, too. Plot: Mike is told since he's a little boy until he becomes a student, he's a lonely boy, but he really enjoys his life. he has a dream of entering and being one of Monsters University's (MU's) student. he's so overwhelmed when he enters MU especially when he enters the Scaring Program (his dream). and in that school, Mike meets his long-time-best-friend named Sulley. Sulley is a legend as they said, Sulley is born from a famous scarer family. the first meeting of Mike and Sulley isn't really success, they don't get along for a long time, until they find themselves in a situation that forces them to work together. what's the twist served? check them out yourself ;)

that's all for my holiday movie review part 1! I haven't finished watching all my downloaded movies, and I even haven't finished watching Seven Pounds, so probably I'm about to finish the movie. coming up.. Wall-E, and the others... hehe I'll keep it secret and wait for my next movie review :)

(ratings source and pictures: www.imdb.com, google)

Comments

Popular Posts