Weekend Update 9: First Color Run

another WEEKEND UPDATE!
as you can see it's a freaking long time for me to write another post on blog. haha, even though it's my college holiday, I was just so not in the mood to write them down. and yeah, I confess it, I cheat another post and I write in on the second week of August but I set the time to be May's archive. hehe.
sometimes you are just lazy of touching the laptop cause it reminds you of college tasks... and writers, too, need some mood for the ideas to come out, right?
but during the holiday, I remembered that I haven't posted this one first experience of mine in college. yeap, color run. it was like 1 week before Jambaksos (check the post soon) and 2 weeks before Final Examinations, so that's why least of my friends would like to join this thing. I was doomed, but I put my care on the least that day. anyway, let's just continue this amazing experience I have with my friends on May 25th 2014. yeap, my first color run. Clorine 2014. run around Universitas Indonesia. for charity.

surprisingly and randomly, my friend found this event, named Clorine, it was held by one of my University's Faculty and it was so interesting. of course, some people around the world have experienced this type of running thing. so I asked my mom about this, and she allowed me to join, and with my sister. finally we decided to sign up, me and my 2 friends, Awe and Dina, and I also invited my High School friends who might like this kind of thing, Dityo and Yodi to join the event. after they agreed and signed up, it's time to have some stuffs!



too bad I didn't take the picture of the stuffs I got first, but they were: white blank T-shirt, a sunglasses, a starting number, and a holy powder (colorful powder) for each person. but the sticker number just fell down in the middle of running. it didn't stick well to shirt. and now it's time for The D Day! my parents drove me to Depok, my campus, and there I met with my friends. and unexpectedly, met a friend of Awe's, he is a student of UI, too, but I didn't know him, there we just knew each other.

selfie while running. why not?

it was approximately 7 am, we started running around my campus. 5K meters. yeah, my weakness of sport is running, I can do cycling for a long time of hours, but no with running. and I forgot for how much it took to run around it but during our running, Awe, Dina, Meli, and I just joked around and didn't take this run seriously, while the guys (of course) run for their life. and during the time of run, there was a competition named Selfie Competition. we took a pic during the event and uploaded it, tweeted it, and mentioned the clorine profile. they said it was gonna be a competition and there would be a prize for it, but until the end of the day there were no prizes -_- but this is the pic we took with the Clorine's committees.


there were some 'checkpoints' of where the committees stood there and waited for the runners, and the slammed us with the holy powder, oh wait, no, with colored water. my friends and I were kinda confused, though, haha. it was a wet run! but, doesn't matter though it was quite fun.

me with holy powder in the hand

when we touched the finish line, again, we got sprayed with colored water, and finally, slammed with the Holy powder. and after this, will be the real main event! when we would get some colors in us. but it took a long time, though, there were so much delays, and it was kinda boring, cause (cheap) foods were not around and our wallets were on our bags. and let's just continue to the best part.

the main event bout to start

at first, I was so confused with the truck of water (you know like a truck with a water gallon) was there near the field. and we all were just thinking and guessing that this would be a wet run. from the beginning! and when the main event started, it was so HOLY GROUND. DJ Unggul really owned the dubsteps! he played Selfie, Can't Remember To Forget You, Holy Ground, Dark Horse, and other songs. and the crowds were cheering, it was really amazing, and PECAH (in Indonesia means cracks!!) when the beat dropped, it was really exciting. and when the water was draining out of the truck, it was more exciting! at first I didn't wanna get wet, but since I found the guys were missing, I was just pulled in to the water and hell yeah, I was wet. thank you, guys. and Dina, Meli, and Awe also got wet, while Dityo's and Yodi's shirts were clean of powders because they had a bath there in the water drain.


Meli mys sister

with dityo and yodi

everybody was just throwing out the powders, but it was not an amazing shots of powders because it was too limited. but it was a great pose to take by the way, so we just took out Awe's handphone, and cheese!


dityo's photobomb

and fyi, I did some mistakes though. that day I wore my old Junior High School training since I don't have my black usual training anymore. and it was a big mistake because I couldn't run comfortably because the rubber on the waist part kept sagging down so I had to fix it up, like everytime. gaah! so I need to wear my usual training as well, and wear a short pants! because it is something like wet kind of event, so it's pretty heavy to carry on long training with you. better have a wet and dirty leg rather than your training so yeah. need to breathe easily, even though for legs!
anyway, that was an amazing thing ever made. I just hope that there would be another Color Run in my campus. cause my friends and I are going to join another event the next year. yeah.

Comments

Popular Posts