New Painting Review and Birthdays

holla amigos! so not lots of activities I've done this week, but I got couple of things that will make you interested, especially if you like to paint. yeap, cause I did another painting, another Marc Marquez themed. actually, I'm not as big fan as with Dani Pedrosa, but I gotta admit that Marc's more sketch-able than Dani. he's got a bold line on his face and it really characterizes himself. I prefer to sketch someone's face while there's smile within. as we know that pictures on the internet with Dani's smile appears so wide to the camera are kinda hard to find, so I just chose Marc more instead. I'd like to explain the making with particular order. here it is:
1. sketch with pencil
in the beginning, of course I made the sketch first, with 2B pencil. I just knew that normal way to make a pencil sketch is using 2H pencil, it makes lighter line than 2B. but since I brushed the line with acrylic paint, it then was partially covered by the paint and the pencil line wasn't that visible. anyway, to copy or sketch a portrait with a semi-full body portrait isn't that hard for me. actually, I think my sketch ability is kinda improved during the holiday and that, I just figured out that drawing men's face is likely easier than women's. and the results of sketch with the portrait are nearly similar. maybe because men's faces are more specialized and the characteristics between one another are boldly seen. okay, I didn't plan to post with this structure so I didn't take a picture when the painting-to-be was still in a sketch form. but, not so different with the last result but in a sketch form is kinda more alike.
2. adding the color
the main step is here! adding the color with paint is definitely different with crayon. you can just blend and shade easily with (Titi) crayon, but with acrylic paint is kinda hard. and I'm just a beginner so I didn't blend at all and I just shaded a little on Marc's face, but I was not taking risks by making extreme shadow on the face. afraid of failing :p in this painting, diversities of the colors are not so much, as you can see most of them are orange. so the colors used mostly are yellow-red-white, just that. adding the color here wasn't so tricky because I drew it large and big enough it won't be that hard to do. I'm kinda having trouble on painting or coloring small sketch, it'll make them seem not real. I was a little out of idea for the background, I like it plain and clean. but just leave there white wasn't felt so right, so I mix a light blue with lots of water. it looked like a brush of water color and that's the thing I wanted. the hardest part was (of course) the red bulls, it didn't show up perfectly though haha as long as it was red no matter with me.
3. additional outlines
finally the finishing touch! I let the painting to be dry first before I line the painting. simple outline like on Alpinestars logo was really fun to line. generally, I didn't find so much tricky things in the making of this. but, the white outline for 'gives you wings' quote, Red Bull on the helmet and on Marc's cap were always the hardest. I liked giving the Lotus logo on helmet. and after I let the painting and the outline dry again, I gave a last touch of outline for all using 0.8 Snowman drawing pencil. and different with other, 'Marquez' and '93' logo were lined with crayon, I didn't know why I chose this and I regret it a little cause I thought it might be better than acrylic outline. but still, I made the shadow of the font with Snowman permanent marker. and voila! the 2-days-making-painting is done and this is the result

which side do you like more?

hehe what do you think, amigos? please feel free to comment or criticize or even giving me painting tips for my improvement on the comment box below. please let me know what you think ;) okay, it's time to utter and greet our incredible MotoGP riders who had their birthday on July 30,
Nicky Hayden and Aleix Espargaro!


Happy 31st Birthday for Nicky, and Happy 24th Birthday for Aleix! let's be honest here, I'm a fan of Nicky since 2006 when he was still in Repsol Honda Team and became World Champion, while I've been a fan of Aleix lately this year :p they both are incredibly crack! and I wish nothing but your successful career. for Aleix, I wish you another title of CRT-Rider Champion 2013, and Nicky, just race, man, do the best, and have a nice plan next year¡Feliz cumpleaƱos!

Comments

Popular Posts