JAMBAKSOS 2013

finally I posted about this exciting event held on 21-23 June!


I collected pictures first, so this post will look interesting with pics in there. I'm also downloading some movies to watch during this 3-months-holiday while I'm posting this writings, so I'm kind of anxious about videos stop downloading haha. let's just pray that those movies are complete downloaded as this post's also finished written (mission impossible) anyway, let's continue to Jambaksos 2013 (Jambore Bakti Sosial)! this event is yearly held by sophomores, which means next year will be held by my generation, class of 2012. okay, let's continue (again) to the main topic. Jambaksos is held by sophomores, but juniors and seniors, and also even freshmen are being able to participate in this event. for my class (of 2012) which is as freshman, there are 35 participants coming to this event, of course including me. and there's a task to be prepared for the 2nd day of Jambaksos, which is called as a presentation that will be involved in the sub-event named Propinquity Night. in this case, my class will perform.... nah, you will see it below after you read all of this first. let's just say that this performance was prepared for 1 week, my class practiced, for like, everyday at campus. actually it wasn't tiring, it was quite fun. well, struggles about practicing is just being skipped, no? cause there was no important obstacles faced. and, finally it was already Thursday night, and I had packed for my needs there and ready to go the Friday afternoon.

1st day, June 21st
I arrived at campus on 1 pm, which the event in the campus was about to be held on 2 pm. the event was only about opening, and greetings from the leaders and main official of Faculty and Jambaksos. that was all and on 3 pm we left campus and departed to Garut (the location) with buses, I was in Bus-3. yeay! this was exciting. I was sitting with my friends, Nourma and Ara and unfortunately I was not on the seat next to door *sigh* anyway, this was been a looooong trip. there was an predicted traffic jam near Bekasi, West Java, but it wasn't predicted for this long -_- seriously, I couldn't remember how long we had been through that traffic jam and when we were out of Bekasi area, it was already dark in the sky. from this, the trip was smooth and no frigging traffic jam ahead, and because of that, I had myself fell asleep. well just can't get wrong, being sitting for hours doing nothing was already tiring, too. alright, since I slept there, I didn't know what the bus'd been through on the way and when I woke up I was already in Garut, but in the city, the village was still far away from here. the first expectation was we arrived at 8:45 pm in Barusari village, but we just arrived there near 11 pm. before that, we were through some silent villages and it was already dark there. well, of course suburbans aren't the same with the citizens. after we arrived near Barusari village, we were picked up by committees' cars to go to the village. it was already dark... along the villages, until we arrived in one big field with a stage there and I was delivered to my homestay. luckily, my homestay was the first house near the field. and it was really cozy. after I arrived, I met my friend, Alfi, my house-mate and met the house's host. after that, I just cleaned myself and brushed my teeth and Alfi and I was asleep. we both slept on the floor while the bed was for 4 committees. I was sleeping under a sleeping bag while Alfi had a sarong as her blanket and a carpet as our bed. I just slept there haha it was super tiring. I just heard the sophomores came to our bedroom and prepared to sleep, I didn't know either what time was that, my eyes were closed but I heard something. actually, the first day was just passed!

2nd day, June 22nd (the longest day)
bad luck, dude! I got stomachache since the dawn! I woke up with stomach crumbling inside. I was about to  clean myself and stomachache was still here ;_; so basically I was letting this sickness inside and prayed Subuh. after that, I saw committees came to my homestay to get cleaned, too. and after that, I changed clothes formal-dressed. and for this day's activity was the main event: social activity contained of counseling for kids and mothers, therapeutics, and bazaar! luckily, I was in counseling field, I gave a counsel for kids (elementary school) and the elementary school was just on the opposite of my homestay. before that, we had a breakfast first, of course: my stomach was still crumbling so badly. my friends also had a same problem with me, but they all said that this might be caused by cold weather (there was cold as ice--the village is in the mountain area) and I just remembered that last night I ate fried chicken with sambal, pretty hot, though, and that's why I got this frigging stomachache. and professionally, I just continued my task. before went down to the counseling, we had a briefing first. bla bla bla the point is I did this counseling with some committees or sophomores. in this case, I was helped by Kak Inez and Kak Amoy (my seniors--sophomores, and "Kak" representing a calling for older people) and I counseled how to wash hands properly at the field. and I even remember the song until now (in this part I will use complete Indonesia language) the song uses "Ampar-Ampar Pisang" song:
"cuci cuci tangan... jangan lupa sabunnya
di air mengalir.. 'tuk jaga kesehatan
telapak punggung tangan.. sela sela jari
kuku kuku tangan.. dan juga ibu jari"

after briefing, preparing for the counseling!)
me, awe, kak inez, kak amoy, kak desita

well, you still remember how sick I was because of this stomachache? yeah, the first three classes was "easy" but my stomachache just went worse I couldn't even stand in front of the kids. I asked a permission to take a break a little, and my senior said that my face was already pale. and there I ate medicine and drank water a lot. and then I also went to my homestay to have a bathroom business (if you know what I mean). generally and basically, these days had been tough! all because of this stomachache! but luckily, I could end this counseling thing with my girls. and I just said to my friends, "at least this thing has been passed! and now it's time for propinquity night!"


after counseling in the center of the elementary schools's field
kak ipeh, kak nindya, me, kak amoy, kak inex

after this tough afternoon, finally I could have a nap! only for 1,5 hour but it was really worth it :'') I slept nicely safe and sound. and when I woke up the counseling for mothers that was held at my homestay were finished at 3 pm. after that, me and my friend just walked around people's house while we were looking for a place to take a real bath. yeah I really needed to clean this body and finished my business in bathroom. of course I prepared this all for Propinquity Night :) I have to be a good-looking girl to perform, no? and after having my business with bathroom things and got cleaned up, unbelievable my stomachache was literally lesser! and almost gone. I was really grateful and my friends were also happy with this news :'') (happy+shy) after taking a bath, my other friends came to the house and were having a chit-chat together whilst waiting for Makrab, and a little practiced for our performance.
and let's continue to Malam Keakraban (Makrab) or Propinquity Night! and this sub-event contained of performances from every class, well just mine (2012--freshmen) and the committees (2011--the sophomores) plus the hosts of this annual event which was the people of Barusari village. the local people presented Silat performance and the sophomores performed drama, while my class performed.. this: we are GRT35! of course my dance was really awful cause I haven't danced for so long :/

I was in SNSD part, I was on your right wearing blue

after I performed this, I was just so addicted to it. when I stood there on the stage and danced there, there was no complete shy feelings to perform or stage-fever. basically, my friends and I just danced! it was really a pride though haha. that was the first experience on dancing in front of the public on a stage since elementary school. after this was all finished, I was about to sleep and I rubbed my stomach with counterpain just in case to lose all sickness on it because of the heat hehe.

3rd day, June 23rd
finally last day!!! last day of this big event before going back home to Jakarta. the morning was started with outbound, yeay this was really exciting. so there was this group contained of people who were involved in Jambaksos, whether the freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. generally, the outbound games were really fun, and not quite exhausting cause it was really cold there and sweats were hard to come out your body. so the games are really exciting, and the games were held for 2 group head to head, and each team who won the game got a star medal, while the loser got a small square black tape that was stick on your face that made it looked like a mole...



my team performed our team's chants slogans and songs
(my face was really embarassing)

and I got the frigging mole!

my outbound team in the middle of the games

this sub-event was finished at 9 am, after that we had to pack our bags and ready to go home. well, I wasn't going home with bus like the first time we got here, but I went home with one of committee's car (well it's a long story then) in the end, thank God, I arrived safely to my beloved house in Jakarta, and I can't believe I've missed Garut already for its cold ambience and atmosphere. I just hope I could feel some fun moments like this. thank you, 2011, for giving me such a very nice experience for sharing with other people :) finally I got a perfect stories contains of completely full of people's happy smiles in Garut from our sharing.

Comments

Popular Posts